October 30th, 2022
Stuff collected together over the last couple of weeks during Covid infection.
THIS IS A “HIDDEN” PAGE WITH NO LINKS IN OR OUT AS WE HAVE NO PERMISSIONS TO SHOW ANY OF THIS STUFF. IT CAN ONLY BE OPENED FROM THIS ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LINE
Are there any that we should be following up?
1. Alison Holburn has been researching washfolds as part of preparation for a textile piece. Alison lives in the Whicham Valley, is a DVLHG member and is working with Flax, the Barrow textile group that worked on the Duddon Sonnets project. She got much better reults than I did using “sheepwashing” as the search term.
They’ve sent 232 images and 6 PDF files. This is the overall summary Document that was referenced in Steve Clark’s project.
3. Three documented sites in the south
sheepwash tub Thurgarten, Nottingham
washdyke Wellbourn, Lincolnshire
ascott washfold 142 from cotswold survey – Ascott under Wychwood, Oxfordshire
4. Bishop Burton, near Beverley – Postcard and research of village washfold in North Yorkshire. Posted Christmas Day 1906
5. Request for permission to use photo
photo request Sussex Archives showing shepherds in barrells.
6. Composition of Salving – apparently pronounced “sorving”!